Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

911 - Telecommunicator's Week 2010

Virginia Beach 911, where is the emergency?
What is your emergency?
Where is your emergency?
What is THE emergency?
Where is THE emergency?
Ms Collins, DO you have an need for police, fire or rescue?
Where was he shot? In the kitchen? No, where was he shot on  his body?
Where is the gun?
There is a bobcat in the ditch in my backyard. How do you know it's a bobcat?  Cause it says so on the side!
Yes, you do pay my salary, and I appreciate that and could use a raise.
Is there any leave today? No? Tomorrow? No? Anytime this month?
EMD QA is for training, not discipline.
Uniforms, no uniforms. Sweaters, no sweaters.
Are SOCKS REALLY AN ISSUE?  Really?
Book Worms.
Scholarship.
Ride-alongs
My water broke!  Im 21 and its my 6th baby!
Old building: Mural. No lights in the parking lot.  Floods in the hall. Stinky Lockup.
New building: Windows! Kitchen! Workout Room!
Please don't yell at me.
He broke my arm but I still love him and don't want to press charges.
Where is the magistrate's office?
My radio is down!
I need a code 11 NOW!
My baby isnt breathing!!
What's the number to traffic court?
Communications
KDT CARD MDT ACPD CPR SAPT AED BTDS CAD SURF VCIN KNIF NCIC CRU DCJS BULD FMLA CIT CALEA - ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.....
I lost my cell phone, Oh you dont take reports for lost property?  In that case it was stolen!
In-Service on  my only day off.
Late for work?  Off with your head!  Late for work in Admin? Goes unnoticed!
Different rules for different people.
I forgot to take my pill, will I get pregnant if I have sex tonight?
CI File?  Is that legal?
I can't make my 11 year old go to school.
Put your purse away.
No cell phones.
Mandatory Overtime
Caring supervisors, uncaring supervisors.
PISTOL
Maverick - nice.
I have a protective order but he still comes over, what good is a protective order?!  Exactly!
Officers Firefighters Rescue Squadman, MPO, FTO, Sgt., Lt., Capt., Command Duty, Chiefs, FSU, ECU, SID, SPOT/SPEC OPS
AC gone and back.  LISTEN TO ME!
Where are the fireworks?
COI, COII, COIII, Supervisor
TC1, TCII, TCIII, Seniors, SOS, etc., etc., etc...same job, same pay, different name.
CTO'S!!!! Admire them!
Academies - How do some get in?!?  How do some get out!?!
Lineups
MOSCAD
311 - ugh
Officer Codes
Schedules
Rotating Shifts
Hurricanes and Snow Storms
Shift Bids
Leave Log, Leave Slips
Sign Out Log
Unbelievably satisfying work.
Saving Lives.
Changing Lives.
Kind words.
Tough Love.
Unkind co-workers, yet shoulders to lean on and Friends for Life.

What did I do to be so Blessed in my life and career....even when Im done, it's still in me, flowing through my veins, in my heart, part of my DNA....I think Ill get a VB911 Tattoo.

Cvg911

2 comments:

  1. Hey..what can I say? Ditto to all you said..it's great....XXO, jls

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxoo yourself ms anonymous!

    ReplyDelete