" I traded eyeliner for dark circles, salon hair cuts for ponytails, long showers for hairy legs, late nights for early mornings, designer purses for diaper bags, nice dinners for McDonalds and I wouldn't change a thing!!" With Mother's day drawing near lets see how many Mom's repost this!
I have to comment on this...
- I never gave up eyeliner, or hair cuts, or long showers, and I always shaved my legs...
- Late nights? not a problem, my kids slept in (still do!)....
- We always took the kids to nice restaurants (they were very well behaved and fun to hang with)....(One trip to McDonalds with Deanna was enough, we didnt do that tooo often)....
- Never had a 'designer' bag....in fact the diaper bag (with cloth diapers and glass bottles!) was a step up from my purse!
- I was a Mom and glamorous at the same time....I worked full time, had dinner on the table every night, did laundry (sometimes at the laundrymat), and cleaned the house....I helped with yard work...
AND STILL:
- We read, play-doh'd, colored, we listened to the Beatles, we danced, went to the beach and the library, did homework, and read some more!
Being Patrick and Deanna's Mom was the most amazing experience ever - they are smart and funny, they still make me laugh - I am so Blessed that they chose us for their parents....It was truly the best thing that ever happened to me....
Happy Mother's Day? That goes without saying.....

No comments:
Post a Comment